Prion Manufacturing Company in Oakdale, PA is seeking an Operations Manager for our manufacturing plant.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs office and plant activities to ensure that engineered products are manufactured within quality and cost objectives and completed on schedule.
- Oversees the purchasing of raw material (steel, brass, etc.) and minimizes excess inventory while maintaining an adequate supply to fulfill customer orders.
- Oversees the planning and execution of machine and employee schedules based upon customer orders and plant capacity.
- Evaluates work backlog and develops and implements plans to eliminate it.
- Ensures that parts are manufactured according to customer specifications.
- Establishes, implements, and enforces manufacturing policies.
- Negotiates contracts with customers.
- Evaluates daily business decisions and processes and implements changes to maximize business efficiency and profitability.
- Accepts responsibility for business decisions.
- Supervises employees.
- Project management.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and business acumen.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience managing schedules, workflow, daily operations, personnel, and equipment.
- The ability to evaluate situations and implement improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people.
- Experience with short and long-term planning.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multitask and set priorities.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment with competing demands.
- The desire to make the company’s priorities his/her own.
- The ability to instill in others a drive for completing tasks on time.
Pay is commensurate with experience and knowledge.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com